Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Aaarrggghhh...Five for Friday

Hello everyone!

Can I say how happy I am that it is FRIDAY!!!!!! It has been the longest week ever coming back from Spring Break! It is also our CRCT week and we haven't had our paras so our schedule has been a little off. Why not add to the craziness by having Pirate Week to learn about "ar"! What a perfect time to share while linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching: Five for Friday for the week! All of my sharing this time is school-related!

fiveforfriday

1. For one of our math groups we have been working on exemplars so my little ones got to work in a small group first and then worked on a similar math problem on their own. This is one of my groups hard at work!


2. This week we got to celebrate Pirate Week. My para went to the beach during Spring Break and brought back this miniature pirate that expands when in water. Let's just say that my kids checked on our pirate every day to see if he grew or not (he actually did).


3. This has been the best book about pirates: Do Pirates Take Baths?! My kiddos loved it. They had questions about  pirates that were answered in a poem format but it was written in simple language for my kindergarteners to understand. I bought the book in 2nd & Charles and it was the best money I have spent!

4. Pirate Writing! These came out so cute. My kids did an awesome job. Here is a close up of one. I wish I can remember who I purchased this template from so I can give them credit.

5. Pirate Decor: I got to sport this shirt we made last year with my sister-in-law's pirate hat and eye patch (she was really into Pirates of the Caribbean) and someone let me borrow this tree with the parrot! The kids really liked the parrot.




Overall, it has been a tiring but fun week! My kids had so much fun dressing up and learning about "ar". Don't forget to link up at Doodle Bugs Teaching and have a great weekend!



2 comments: